Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Jerusalem

I was born and raised in this beautiful city. I have to say that though I have traveled a few times, to a few places, I still think Jerusalem is one of the most interesting and beautiful places in the world.

And now to some Israel Tours I recommend as a Yerushalmi (Jerusalem native):


Ein Karem

(or Ein Kerem - עין כרם)
The area surrounding Ein Kerem is mostly green, as it is a part of the forests in southwest Jerusalem. The buildings are a mixture of Arab houses, Christian churches and monasteries, and Jewish architecture. There are many attractions in the area; beside the amazing scenery, there are the religous places for the believers and the great food for the rest.

Mishkenot Sha'ananim

(משכנות שאננים)
The first Jewish neighborhood outside the old city walls. Sitting on a hill directly across from Mount Zion. For history of the place and events try this link.

In Mishkenot Sha'ananim you can find beautiful streets, a combination of European architecture and a "new" - 1870's "Israeli style". There are many restaurants and cafes, art galleries and much more.

It is also one of the most romantic places I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment